Who We Are
Dress for Success Worldwide is a global non-profit
organization dedicated to improving the lives of women located
in more than 130 cities across 17 countries. The professional clothing, employment retention programs and ongoing support that we provide our clients symbolize our faith in every woman's ability to be self-sufficient and successful in her career.
Dress for Success depends on a team of qualified, passionate and dedicated individuals, organizations and companies, each of whom plays an indispensable role in our success.
The Dress for Success team includes:
- More than 130 affiliates in the U.S.,
Australia, Canada, France, Ireland, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand,
Poland, Portugal, the U.K., Luxembourg and the West Indies. Each site is an independent, volunteer-driven non-profit organization committed to fulfilling the Dress for Success mission on the local level.
- The staff members of Dress for Success Worldwide, who handle overall management of Dress for Success, provide support to our affiliates and are responsible for stewardship of the brand. In addition, Worldwide coordinates organization-wide fundraising and events.
- The Dress for Success board of directors,
which retains legal and fiscal oversight of the organization.
- Our sponsors, who provide critical financial, in-kind and other types of support to the organization.
- A diverse group of
foundation and individual supporters, who contribute clothing and funds to Dress for Success and make it possible for us to serve our clients.
- Strategic partners whose services complement and provide greater value to those that we provide to disadvantaged women.
- Our Young Executives for Success (Y.E.S.!)® group, a volunteer branch of Dress for Success in New York City for professional women in the fashion, beauty and media industries.
- The founder of Dress for Success, Nancy Lublin, who established the organization in 1996 with a $5,000 inheritance from her great-grandfather, Poppy Max.