Dress for Success Worldwide is committed to providing privacy for our Web site visitors as well as recipients of our e-mail messages. We are continuously evaluating our internal procedures and technology to ensure privacy at all levels in our organization.
Donors' personal contact information will never be sold, rented, or exchanged with other organizations or any other entity in existence unless Dress for Success Worldwide receives
express written permission from the donor.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, Dress for Success declares that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To be assured that personal contact information obtained by Dress for Success will not be sold, rented or exchanged with other non-profit organizations.
To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.