Dress for Success Sydney
Dress for Success Sydney is a registered charity that outfits women in need free of charge, in high quality professional attire and provides practical advice in preparation for job interviews. Through its innovative, volunteer operated programs, Dress for Success Sydney improves the employability of women by increasing confidence and restoring dignity.
View the slides of our AGM here
"Watch the impact we are making"
Our Showroom is at 132 Marrickville Rd, Marrickville
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 773456
Our Showroom is staffed Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Client appointments: Tuesday: 10am to 1pm, Wednesday 12pm to 3pm, Thursday 12pm to 3pm, Friday 11am to 1pm and Saturday 10am to 1pm.
Learn More About Getting Involved!
Volunteer - Sponsor - Refer a Client
On your marks.....get set.....go!
Join the Dress for Success Sydney Running /Walking Team and take part in Australia’s most scenic running event - Blackmores Sydney Running Festival on Sunday the 21st of September.
Apart from being the perfect opportunity to shape up for the summer here are 8 great reasons to join the Dress for Success Sydney team:
- Anyone of any level fitness can take part, it's the perfect opportunity to invite your friends and family into the Dress for Success Sydney community - spread the word that anyone is welcome to join our team.
- Blackmores is the most scenic course in Australia, when else would you get the opportunity to run over a car-free Sydney Harbour bridge, the view is breathtaking!
- There’s a course for every level of fitness, from a full 42k marathon for elite athletes, a half marathon, a picturesque 9k run over the bridge and around the glorious botanical gardens or take part as a family for the 4k family fun run.
- Public transport is free for anyone sporting a Blackmores running bib; experience what life would be like if you didn’t have to pay for public transport – it’s a great feeling.
- If you reach your chosen course’s fundraising target, you can participate for free. You will receive a rebate for your registration fee – so you can train, participate and travel to the starting line and home from the finish line for free.
- We’ll meet post run and celebrate, friends and families are welcome to join in our post run celebrations.
- Free training sessions will help you to stay focused, in shape and prepare you for the big day.
- You’ll absolutely love the fitter and healthier you come September.
Register at http://www.sydneyrunningfestival.com.au and select Dress for Success Sydney as your benefiting charity or contact the Dress for Success Sydney Team Captain Bev on email@example.com who will keep you motivated every step of the way!
Can’t take part but still want to help. Log onto the team fundraising page and make a donation. http://bsrf2014.gofundraise.com.au/page/DressforSuccessSydney
Megan Etheridge, Founder and Chair of Not-for-Profit organisation Dress
for Success Sydney (DFS Sydney), has been awarded a prestigious Medal of
the Order of Australia (OAM) for her services to the community –
particularly women – earning her a place on the Queen’s Birthday Honours
Click here to view
New research finds lookism an issue for women
Sydney, 8 August. Not-for-Profit organisation Dress for Success Sydney (DfS Sydney) and The University of Sydney, today released new research on the issue of lookism and the problems it presents for women seeking employment in Australia and abroad.
Click here to view
New Beginnings: Tackling the Problem of Lookism
and the Role of Dress for Success
This report provides a brief commentary on the issue of lookism and the problems this
may present for many women seeking employment both in Australia and overseas. It
then presents research on the organisation Dress for Success undertaken during 2012
Click here to view
Are you paying a premium for attractive workers?
Click here to find out more about Lookism in the Workplace.
Be Part of Our Community
Be part of Dress for Success Sydney's wonderful community of friends and supporters by becoming a member or
signing up to receive our quarterly newsletter, occasional updates and
invitations to our exciting calendar of fundraising event.
Connect with Us
T 1800 773 456
A: 132 Marrickville Road, Marrickville NSW